Sunday, July 5, 2009

werkin on mah fitness

i have another 6 weeks to get in shape before my first ever cruise. i don't want people to think we were whale watching when the pics end up on facebook so i'm busting my ass at the gym to undo some of the damage i've done to my body for the last 7 years when i was eating taco bell every night like it was all good.



clockwise from left:
- blackberry 8900 with incipio case. i love my phone but it was my 2nd choice because the iphone just wasn't gonna happen. anygay, checking twitter and facebook keeps me entertained during those long cardio seshes on the stationary bike. the tv's at the gym only have like cspan and espn, which is what will be showing on tv if i go to hell. things i don't care about: economics, sports.

- prada butterfly glasses. maybe when i slim down and my face isn't so fucking fat, i will actually look good in these. motivation!

- korres pomegranate face wipes. i usually hit the gym after work so all that makeup i put on at 7:30 AM looks frightening before i can get 10 minutes into my workout. i keep these in my gym bag so i can swipe it off in the locker room before i scare everyone off.

- lolita lempicka eau de parfum. one spray keeps me and my gym bag smelling good as hell no matter how many gallons of sweat i produce.

- essie nail polish in really red. a month ago i popped into VN nails for a pedi. i picked a really dark shade but changed my mind after picking up the may issue of Elle as i waited for my girl marta to hook my feet up. inside was drew b-more looking fucking fantastic and wearing the most banging shade of tomato red on her hands and feet. i asked marta to color do a color match and we agreed on really red. it's a welcome change for the summer from my usual wicked or lincoln park after dark and i'm sorry, but having grody feet is unacceptable, especially during friday night judo classes when your tootsies are on display. are you broke? mix up some sugar with hair conditioner and scrub it on your heels, then file your nails and throw some sheer pink polish on. sha-nay-nay feet: not a good look.

- hellz bellz gun it duffel. i need this in my life, that corporate run bag i stole from mom's closet is not working for me.

- free weights. i was under the impression that all i needed was some cardio and i'd be fine. free weights keep your body tight while the cardio melts the fat away. building lean muscle also helps you continue to burn fat hours after your workout, as opposed to cardio that burns calories only while you're actively doing it. let some weight training into your life if you don't want to look like a walking scrotum.

- nike shox. these are some almost unforgivably ugly kicks but i will tolerate them because they keep my feet extremely happy for the long haul. just to know how hot my legs are gonna look in a pair of heels after all those long, hard hours at the gym are worth doing time in these monstrosities.

- just some fuckin water bottle. stay hydrated, assholes! it keeps you from feeling like shit while you work out, helps your skin stay smooth and your belly stay full between meals so that you will be ok ordering a salad for lunch instead of inhaling steak burrito because you're starving and desperate.

- juicy earrings. i have no problems admitting that i love juicy couture but this is not typical juicy. no bows, no pink, no velour. just a pair of pretty sparkly earrings that go from the office to the gym to dinner at the in-laws. it's nice to know that even though i'm sweaty and disgusting, i still have something pretty and feminine attached to my head.

- aveda damage remedy shampoo and color conserve conditioner. this is the ultimate one-two punch for fucked up, color treated hair. i have processed the shit out of my hair for years and damage remedy keeps it looking healthy while color conserve conditioner keeps my red from fading to orange (a common problem for bottle redheads) between color appointments.

No comments:

Post a Comment